Thursday, August 5, 2021

John 6:35, 41-51

35 Jesus replied, “I am the bread that sustains life. Whoever is with me never goes hungry, and whoever puts their trust in me will never be thirsty.”

41 The Jewish opposition groused about him because he had
said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.”


42 "Wait a minute," they protested, “isn’t this the same Jesus, Joseph’s son? We know his parents! How can he say, ‘I've come down from heaven’?”

43 Jesus responded, “Enough whining! 44 Only those who are
led to me by the Father who sent me will get me. Those are
the ones I will raise to life on the last day. 45 As it is written in Isaiah 54:13, they're all God-taught. All those who have
learned from the Father, having listened to him, come to me.
46 The only one who has actually seen the Father is the one
who comes from God. He's seen the Father. 47 And I assure
you that whoever believes me has real life -- life without end.
48 I am the bread that sustains life. 49 Your ancestors ate manna
in the wilderness but they eventually died. 50 This bread that
has now come down from heaven will keep those who eat it
from dying. 51 I am the life-giving bread that has come down
from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live on forever. And I'm talking about my flesh -- my flesh is the life-giving bread that
I will give for the life of the world.”